Wednesday 30 May 2012

MIB 3: Let's get some dumb ass pie

 Ahhh another week of poverty another orange Wednesday exploit - Since I missed out on May MCM expo last week thought I'd catch up with my Anime buddies through the joy of Will Smith. Considering I went in thinking this movie was going to be melted cheese, you know stuck to the bottom of the grill you'd have to chistle off? Good idea reheated too many times.

Surprisingly you didn't really have to watch any of the previous movies to understand what was going on.





Though I was perplexed as to why Nicole Scherzinger from Pussycat Dollz was in the movie for best of 5 minutes and why was just delicious cake wasted? Do not be deceived by the voice of the villain of this movie Boris the animal who is played by Jemaine Clement and not Tim Curry :p

Loving all the food references, Sharwara again? Avengers Assemble have started a trend  and let me tell you sharwarma's differ and taste better than doners. Pie is featured quite a lot and it is beyond me why K like's to eat 'apple pie with a slice of nasty cheese' but I will have to try now. Also the bikes they ride on in the movie look strangely similar to Mr Garrison's prototype from South park.

The on going joke of Agent K being 100 is well founded in this movie as Tommy did look like he was getting on a bit and so did his love interest Agent o (Emma Thompson). Apart from Agent O, Boris and Griff (Unicorn dude who sees into the future)we aren't introduced to any new or even cameos to past characters. You didn't feel anything missing as the banter between Agent K & J carried the film.

This movie focused on time jumping and parodies history with references to Lady Gaga, Andy Warhol I don't believe in spoilers so i won't divulge TOO much but a lot of interesting background history on Agent J & K come up and fills in a few holes from the past movies. Will Smith hasn't done a movie since 2008 when he played the main role and produced the movie Seven pounds and didn't let us done with his delivery of witty cynicism.

Also the D-box is now ready to use at Cineworld so for an extra 4 quid you can watch your movies whilst vibrating :s 

Lastly here are some of the best dialogues from the movie, couldn't chop this stuff up :p

Agent J: The world is under destruction and you wanna get pie? Your right let's stop following clues and doing police work and do something stupid. Come on let's get some dumb ass pie K!

Agent J: Okay. You know how you're on an airplane and the flight attendant asks you to turn your cell phone off, and you're like; I ain't turnin' my cell phone off, that's doin' no harm to the damn airplane?

[pointing to the saucer crash behind him]

Agent J:
Well, this is what we get. That's what happens, it gets up there, bounces around on the satellite, and bam! Just turn your damn cell phone off. Now you're gonna drop off a cliff cause your GPS don't work.

cutest monster ever :D
[referring to the donar kebab meat that's being roasted on a vertical spit]
Agent J: Seriously, I'm not even sure that's meat! I think I just saw a tooth in that thing, or a claw, a hoof.
[K takes buys a kebab from the kebab vendor and walks off]
Agent J: That does not belong in a pita, it belongs in a casket.
Agent K: You know, it feels good to eat in silence.
Agent J: But see, here's the problem. You can't smell it, because your nose already smells like that, where my nose doesn't.
Agent K: Silence feels good with a lot of things. Did you ever try it, or is talking the way you breath?
Agent J: If you hate me, you should just say you hate me. Don't take it out on the car.
Agent K: You know, I'm enjoying this.
Agent J: Wow! Enjoyment. So, that's what enjoyment looks like on that face. I like that emotion.
Agent K: Let's keep emotion out of it.
Agent J: Out of what, K? Life?

[at the MIB headquarters, K delivers a eulogy for the recently departed Z]
Agent K: I worked with Z for over forty year, and in all that time he never invited me to dinner. He never asked me to his house, or watch a game. He never shared a single detail of his personal life.
[he pauses for a moment]
Agent K: Thank you.
[K walks off and comes to stand next to J, who looks amazed at K's short eulogy]
Mannix: And now we will hear from our new chief, Agent O.
Agent O: Thank you, Agent K. That was very moving.
[J turns to K as he stands next to him]
Agent J: That was your eulogy?
Agent K: He was a good man. 

Agent J: Ooh, man! These look like they come from the planet damn.

[K and J are sat at a table the Chinese restaurant with the intestinal worm problem]
Agent J:
That was just mean, what you did to Hula back there. That's just disrespectful.
Agent K:
I used to play a game with my dad, what would you have for your last meal. We could do worse than this.
Agent J:
Oh. Okay. Um...I used to play a game with my dad called catch. Except I would throw the ball and it would just hit the wall, cause he wasn't there.

Agent K: Do you know the most destructive force in the universe?
Agent J: Sugar?
Agent K: Regret.

1969 NYPD Cop #1: Where did you get the car?
1969 NYPD Cop #2:
And the suit?
Agent J:
I stole them, both. Uh...car from your wife, the suit from your grandmother.

Agent J: That gentlemen is a standard issue Neuralizer, but you're not gonna remember that. And just because you see a black man driving in a nice car, does not mean he stole it.
[J pauses for a moment before admitting]

Agent J:
I stole that one. But not cause I'm black!
 


Boris' Girlfriend: It's a cake.
Prison Guard #2: I'll be the judge of that
 Prison Guard #2: It appears to be some sort of cake. 


Young Agent K: You have to trust the pie.


Little Chocolate Milk Girl: Mommy, the president is drinking my milk...and he didn't say please.
 

Griffin: First we gotta get high.
J: My man, for real?
Griffin: No, real HIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment