Wednesday 7 January 2015

The Last Pie standing

Now before you think I've gone mince pie mad, it's now January and I stumbled across another mince pie. I couldn't pass of another opportunity since it looked so appetising!

First Impressions

This is a freshly baked luxury mince pie from Lidl. This is the best design on mince pie I have seen to date and the largest. up close you get a strong whiff of nuts and butter crust pastry.

There were no indications of sugar content/fat or any sort of numbers. This pie was also at the special price of 0.20p an absolute bargain to the customers eye.

Taste Test

I was delightfully greeted by a nice firm and crunchy pastry incasing some fruity mince meat. Also inside were a variety of nuts including pumpkin seeds. The mince wasn't too sweet, more tangy and flavoured by cinnamon for a spicy taste.

This pie get's a 9/10 the only thing lacking was a box to put them in as once in one of those flimsy see through bags they could crack. I have now retired from mince pie tasting till next November Now to on the January weight loss program !.

No comments:

Post a Comment